Sunday, April 21, 2013

Review of Union Studio

I walked into Union feeling pretty nervous because I had no idea what to expect. My mom had been there before and said she loved it so I was excited to see why but nervous because I figured I'd be the least prepared in the class. The room was small, relaxing, and the lights were off. About ten other people, including one man, made their way inside by the time the class began at 8:00. They were all doing warm up stretches as I was sitting on my mat, unsure of what to do. The yoga instructor entered right on time and introduced herself in a very soothing voice. She began the class with instructing us through pretty simple poses while giving us instruction at the same time. She was great by telling us how to avoid injury and how to fix our wrongs. We did a lot of breathing exercises and I realized by the end of the class, that most of the other people there were beginners as well. Although I've done yoga in the past, this experience was very different than my other experiences. I found the poses to be a little challenging at some points, but not impossible. The cool part was some of the poses we did in class are some of the poses I have been teaching to people for my video. The hour and fifteen minutes went by quickly, with about the last 10 minutes having us do Shavasana- which is a pose of total relaxation. After the class, I  realized I didn't focus on anything outside of the room but was just focused on doing yoga to the best of my ability. Although I have nothing really to compare this Union Studio class to, I would say it was a great experience and the perfect class to kick into my routine of going to a yoga class once a week.

1 comment: